Monday, May 4, 2009

The Best Free Registry Cleaner EVER

Well, since this is my first post, I guess I should introduce myself. I am just an average person blogging about new things that I find everyday, because the only way that I found some of these things, is through people doing what im doing now. I guess in a way its sort of like a type of community service. So if you like anything I have to say, or don't know if you do yet Read this Blog! Comment on It! Subscribe to It! Feel It! Live It! actually maybe not that last one but you get my point. It always feels more satisfying to write something when you know that somebody is going to read it. So here it goes, my first post. *pops champagne bottle*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the other day, I was just playing around with my computer, when a friend of mine IM'ed me and asked if I wanted to play some TF2 (Its a great game, look it up if you dont know what it is). Anyway, I logged on to my account, and hit the install button and an error popped up. Not enough disk space. Surprised I went to my harddrive. 22 mb left -_-. First of all, i was and am still wondering why windows hasnt been popping up with low disk space warnings. Secondly, i was and am still wondering how I used (300gb - 22mb) of space. Anyway for the rest of the night I cleaned up my computer and managed to free up around 100gb.

Well if I am cleaning up my comp anyway, might as well clean everything right? So, I started on my search for a good registry cleaner.
Now, there are two that I want to talk about, both are tools that you absolutely should have on your computer all the time. The first is CCleaner (short for Crap-Cleaner) from Piriform and Eusing's Registry Cleaner.
CCleaner
dload link http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
CCleaner is probably one of the best tools ever made. It fixes many of the problems that windows creates from file writing and deleting. For example it allows you to delete files completely, not just free up virtual space (what, clearing the recycle bin doesnt delete them completely!) no it doesnt, all it does is tell windows that there is some space there for another file to overwrite. CCleaner also has a handy dandy "Clean" button which in a period of 5 seconds if you do it regularly cleans just about everything from your Firefox history to your Adobe Reader Cache. CCleaner is the perfect tool for maintaining privacy and disk space =). The program also comes with a registry cleaner, but when your registry is as cluttered as mine, you will need a more powerful one.

Eusing's Free Registry Cleaner.
dload link http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dleusingregistry.html
This tool makes up for what CCleaner left off. It analyzes every part of your registry and cleans all unnecessary items ie. unnused extensions/ missing paths/ left over entries/ startup entries/ invalid shared dll's. It also runs really fast if you do it regularly. The tool was able to decrease my boot time from around 1 minute to 45 seconds and it makes running programs faster too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only part of what this blog will be about, if you like games, programming, hardware issues and reviews, anything, just subscribe to this blog and its all here. In the future, expect more product reviews and sites to get them really cheap.
Well, thats my first post, if you liked it, or didnt like it, or had more tools to recommend to me, Comment! so that I can keep posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment